Sponsored by Wednesday Books
New York Times bestselling author Rainbow Rowell’s epic fantasy, the Simon Snow trilogy, concludes.
After everything they thought they understood has been proven wrong, Simon and Baz and Penelope and Agatha have to decide how to move forward. Any Way the Wind Blows takes the gang back to England, back to Watford, and back to their families for their longest and most emotionally wrenching adventure yet. This book is a finale. It tells secrets and answers questions and lays ghosts to rest. About catharsis and closure, and how we choose to move on from the traumas and triumphs that try to define us.
Hey YA Readers!
Let’s catch up on the latest in YA news and new releases. There are some great deep dives this week, perfect for when you’re between books.
YA Book News
- Another Maurene Goo novel is being adapted by Netflix!
- In “news I missed because I was on parental leave,” there’s a graphic novel adaptation of Meg Medina’s award-winning Yaqui Delgado Wants To Kick Your Ass in the works.
- Here’s a teaser for the One Of Us Is Lying adaptation.
- Buried a bit in this piece is a little update on the Uglies adaptation.
- This profile of Cecily von Ziegesar and the history of Gossip Girl is fascinating.
- There’s a young reader edition of Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama coming soon.
- This piece might lean more into romance than young adult, but it’s worth reading and worth including anyway: a look at asexual romance books and readers.
- Author Ann Rinaldi died last week.
- I wonder if we’ll see this award-winning Australian YA hit US shelves now.
- Have you read the new tribute anthology to all things The Baby-Sitters Club?
- Emily of New Moon audiobooks are coming and the performer is going to be familiar.
New Hardcover Releases
After the Ink Dries by Cassie Gustafson,
Cast In Secrets and Shadow by Andrea Robertson (series)
Curses by Lish McBride
In The Same Boat by Holly Green
Red Wolf by Rachel Vincent
The River Has Teeth by Erica Waters
These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan
Untethered by KayLynn Flanders (series)
You and Me at the End of the World by Brianna Bourne
New Paperback Releases
Cursed by Karol Ruth Silverstein
The Easy Part of Impossible by Sarah Tomp
The Glass Queen by Gena Showalter (series)
Hope Is Our Only Wing by Rutendo Tavengerwei
Love, Jacaranda by Alex Flinn
Now and When by Sara Bennett Wealer
River of Dreams by Jan Nash
Throw Like a Girl by Sarah Henning
Where The World Ends by Geraldine McCaughrean
YA On Book Riot
- A nerdy history of school summer reading lists. Did or do you have these? I remember as a high schooler looking for these lists online and reading the books on them, since I didn’t have assigned summer reading.
- Loving Fear Street on Netflix? You’ll love this look back at 90s teen horror reads.
- Dig into some diverse YA retellings of classics.
Thanks for hanging out, y’all, and I’ll see you again this weekend with some fabulous ebook deals.
— Kelly Jensen, @heykellyjensen on Instagram.
Big thanks to Wednesday Books and Any Way The Wind Blows for making this newsletter possible.